Thursday, April 29, 2010

Classroom Management

Classroom Management is a class that is required at The University of South Alabama to graduate with a degree in Education. It just so happens to be one of my top favorite classes. Just like the EDM 310 computer class that I am in, Classroom Management has so many lessons that it teaches to become a better teacher. It lets you know what you are getting yourself into with an Education degree. My teacher is Ms. Ouimette and she is so blunt on a lot of issues concerning teaching and I love it. She tells you how it is. She doesn't sugar coat it which is what students need so that we are better prepared for the future. The department of Education here at South Alabama is thinking about cutting the Classroom Management class from the required class load. I think this is a bad idea. The students who do not get to be in this class will suffer and will not be as prepared as I believe I am at the end of this semester. Hopefully the department will decide to keep the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment